|Lecture ||Exercise ||Laboratory ||Examination
|1 ||2 ||0 ||Z+Zk
Within the lecture, the student gets introduced to the fundamental methodology of correct relational database design, efficient access to data and transactional processing. The SQL language will be introduced for the students to be able to build databases and query them. All the acquired knowledge will be practiced on a chosen database platform (Microsoft SQL Server).
- Introduction, motivation, conceptual modeling.
- Relations, correct relational database system design, normalization.
- SQL language – DDL + basics of DQL.
- SQL language – joins I.
- SQL language – joins II.
- SQL language – aggregation I.
- SQL language – aggregation II.
- Efficient data access – indexing.
- Optimization in SQL.
- T-SQL language – fundamentals.
- T-SQL language – procedures I.
- T-SQL language – procedures II.
- T-SQL language – triggers.
- Database-application interface.
- During the term students will be given three credit tests. The written exam will take place at the end of the term.