166 28 Prague 6
how to find us
one step back
Unit Operations of Chemical Engineering I (
1. Basic terminology. Systems. Principles of balancing. Mass and mole balance.
2. Balance of energy. Bernoulli equation.
3. Flow of fluid through pipes. Transport of fluids, pumps. Flow of fluid through porous medium.
4. Filtration, types of filters, filtration rate.
5. Mixing of liquids, mixing equipments. Balance of enthalpy.
6. Heat transfer, transfer coefficient. Heat exchange by conduction and convection.
7. Heat exchangers: types and design. Evaporators: types and design.
8. Diffusion separation processes. Mass exchangers. Equilibrium plate.
9. Liquid extraction of immiscible solvents: equipment, single-stage, repeated and countercurrent extraction.
10. Flash and differential distillation of binary mixtures.
11. Rectification in staged column.
12. Drying of solids, enthalpic humidity chart. Batch and continual dryers.
13. Chemical reactors and bioreactors, basic types. Material balance.
14. Chemical process equipment.
Laboratory of Informatics and Chemistry,