Physical Chemistry II (N403014SIS)
|Lecture ||Exercise ||Laboratory ||Examination
|3 ||2 ||0 ||Z+Zk
The course is intended for advanced students (magistry level) and presents following chapters of physical chemistry - electrochemistry,chemical kinetics and phase equilibria .
- 1. Electrochemistry. Faraday´s laws, electrolytic cells, coulometers.
- 2. Conductivity of electrolytes and its measurement, Kohlrausch´s law.
- 3. Galvanic cells, electrodes, schemes, signs, salt bridge.
- 4. Standard reduction potential, Nernst equation.
- 5. Thermodynamics of galvanic cells, types of electrodes.
- 6. Reaction kinetics. Basic terms and definitions.
- 7. Integration of rate equation for simple reactions.
- 8. Methods of determination of reaction order.
- 9. Kinetics of complex reactions, catalysis.
- 10.Phase equilibria. One component sysyem, Clapeyron´s equation.
- 11.Raoult´s law. The limits of its validity.Real mixtures.
- 12.Gibbs phase rule, phase diagrams, the lever rule.
- 13.Liquid - liquid equilibria of real systems.
- 14.Solid - liquid equilibria, eutectic point.
- For participation in the exam student has to gain credit from the seminar meetings.Three tests are planned in the course of seminar meetings. The credit will obtain the student, who will gain the average 50 points from 100 available.