Analytical Chemistry I (N402002SIS)
|Lecture ||Exercise ||Laboratory ||Examination
|2 ||2 ||0 ||Z+Zk
Lectured methods include both classical chemical as well as instrumental techniques. The electrochemical analysis (potentiometry, voltammetry, polarography, coulometry), separation methods (gas and liquid chromatography) and atomic and molecular spectroscopy (atomic absorption and/or emission spectroscopy, infrared, visible and UV absorption, spectroscopy, nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy) are lectured. Separate lecture is devoted to mass spectrometry and another one to quality assurance procedures in analytical chemistry. The seminars are focused on gravimetric and titration calculations, calculation of equilibria, using of Nernst and/or Lambert-Beers Law and evaluation of basic characteristics of separation processes. The Analytical chemistry I is followed by Analytical chemistry II in next semester, which is application oriented.
- 1. Basic concepts, equilibria in solutions
- 2. Solution equilibria, pH
- 3. Volumetric analysis, gravimetry
- 4. Electroanalytical methods
- 5. Electroanalytical methods
- 6. Spectrometry - principles and instrumentation
- 7. Atomic spectrometry
- 8. Molecular spectrometry
- 9. Molecular spectrometry
- 10. Extraction, principles of chromatography
- 11. Chromatography principle, gas chromatography
- 12. Liquid chromatography, capillary electrophoresis
- 13. Mass spectrometry
- 14. Uncertainties and errors of analytical measurements
- 1. Credit test is written during seminars in the time, which is published in Student Information System (SIS) in 13th or 14th week of the semester. Three other terms for credit test are offered during examination period. Student can use only two of these terms.
- 2. Students, who study in Czech, pass credit test in Czech. Students, who study in English, pass credit test in English.
- 3. It is necessary to have Index with yourself during the writing of credit test. Exceptionally, the assistant can allow to write the test after checking identity of student using other ID with up to date photograph-
- 4. The students sign in for test using SIS and it is duty of student to sign in for the term listed here. Signing off is possible up to date listed in SIS. Later it is possible only by request to secretary of department and only because of serious reasons. The test is failed when the student is absent and not signed off.
- 5. The assistant can allow writing test when student arrive late. The missed time is not compensated.
- 6. It is not allowed to leave room during test. It is not allowed to use forbidden materials and tools including telecommunication tools.
- 7. The results of test will be available on place and in time, which will be announced at the beginning of the test.
- 8. The Credits are written into the Index by assistant teaching seminars in time, which will be announced. Exceptionally it is possible to agree other time.
- 9. You can check your test at assistant teaching seminars in time and on place, which he or she assigns.
- 10. The examination is written and takes 100 min.
- 11. Students, who study in Czech, pass examination in Czech. Students, who study in English, pass examination in English.
- 12. Student is obliged to present Index with written credit during the examination, otherwise it is impossible to continue in examination.
- 13. The students register for the examination using SIS and it is duty of student to sign in for the term listed here. Signing off is possible up to date listed in SIS. Later it is possible only by request to secretary of department and only because of serious reasons. The examination is classified „F“ when the student is absent and not signed off.
- 14. The assistant can allow writing examination when student arrives late. The missed time is not compensated.
- 15. It is not allowed to leave room during examination. It is not allowed to use forbidden materials and tools including telecommunication tools.
- 16. The place and the time will be announced during the examination. The examiner assign where and when will be possible to see checked examination test. If the student is not present in this time he or she resigns for any complain and agree with results. When student do not agree with classification of any of parts of test, the examiner will provide one, exceptionally more, additional question which will be answered in written form. According to result of these additional questions the examiner can change overall classification of examination by one step up or down.
- 17. Student can use only two reparative terms.