Bioinformatics algorithms (N143041SIS)
|Lecture ||Exercise ||Laboratory ||Examination
|2 ||0 ||0 ||Zk
The lecture introduces the student to the area of bioinformatics focusing on the research of fundamental building and functional units of organisms – DNA, RNA and proteins. The student finds out what types of main respositories of related biological data exist and how to handle these data. The fundamental similarity models will be introduced along with the algorithms build on top of the DNA/RNA/proteins contributing to the research in the fields such as mass spectrometry, protein function discovery, structure prediction used in the drug discovery, etc.
- Introduction. Existind nuclotide and protein databases.
- Dynamic programming.
- DNA and RNA sequence similarity.
- Protein sequence similarity.
- DNA motif search.
- Multiple sequence similarity.
- Phylogenetic trees.
- Effective similarity search in DNA, RNA and protein sequence databases.
- RNA structure similarity algorithms.
- Mass spectrometry algorithms.
- Protein structure similarity algorithms I.
- Protein structure similarity algorithms II.
- RNA structure prediction.
- Protein structure prediction.
- Written exam at the end of term.