Organic Chemistry I (N110004SIS)
|Lecture ||Exercise ||Laboratory ||Examination
|2 ||2 ||0 ||Z+Zk
The concept structure - reactivity is involved to teaching modern organic chemistry of the main groups of hydrocarbons and their monofunctional derivatives: alkanes, alkenes, alkynes, arenes, and their halo derivatives, alcohols and phenols, carbonyl compounds, carboxylic acids and functional derivatives of carboxylic acids.
- 1. Introduction, main classes of organic compounds, principles of the systematic nomeclature.
- 2. Constitutional, conformational and configurational isomerism. Optical isomerism, types of projections, principles of nomenclature, stereodescriptors.
- 3. Types of bonding in organic compounds. Reactive particles in organic chemistry: carbocations, radicals, their stabilization. Acidity and basicity.
- 4. Alkanes, cycloalkanes. Physical and chemical properties (homolytic substitution reactions, halogenation, nitration, sulfochlorination, partial oxidation).
- 5. Alkenes. Physical and chemical properties. Electrophilic and radical addition reactions, regioselectivity and stereochemistry of.
- 6. Dienes, structural types, conformational and optical isomerism. Electrophilic and radical addition reactions, kinetic and thermodynamic controll. Cycloaddition reactions, principles. Alkynes, structure, acidity, addition reactions.
- 7. Arenes. Structure, aromaticity. Physical properties. Electrophilic substitution, mechanism and types of reaktion (deuteration, halogenation, nitration, sulfonation, Friedel-Crafts reaktions. Regioselectivity of SE, influence of substituents. Oxidation and reduction of arenes.
- 8. Haloalkanes a hydroxy derivátives. Physical properties. Nucleophilic substitution SN1 and SN2, stereochemical consequences, factors influencing the course of SN reactions.
- 9. The side reactions during SN reactions - elimination reactions (Saytzeff´s rule, dehydrohalogenation, dehalogenation), stereochemistry of, the context of SN and E reactions.
- 10. Organometallic compounds of Mg, Li, Zn, and Cu. Structure, Umpolung. Formation and application of organometallic compounds in addition and alkylation reactions. Principles of retrosynthetic analysis.
- 11. Alcohols, phenols, structure physicla properties. Oxo-enol tautomerism, acidity of alcohols and phenols. Dehydration of alcoholů and diols, molekular rearrangements. Formation of ethers and esters. Phenols, SE. Sulphur analogues of alcohols and ethers.
- 12. Aldehydes and ketones. Structure, physical properties. Nucleophilic addition reactions (addition of O, N, a S-nucleophiles; acetals, imines, oximes, hydrazones.
- 13. Acidity of carbonyl compounds, enolisation, enolates: SE, aldolization and aldol condensation.
- 14. Carboxylic acids. Structure, acidity. Salts of acids. Principles of nuclephilic acyl substitution, esterifiction. Decarboxylation. Functional derivatives of carboxylic acids, structure and reactivity.